Blog Announcements

Australian References - Tax Acocunting Legal

byAlan Crabbe · 8th Jun 2010

Pozible provides the following information as a reference for anyone using our service. Pozible cannot and does not offer Tax-related advice to any Members of the Site, Application and Services. Additionally, please note that each Project Creator is responsible for determining local indirect Taxes and for including any applicable Taxes to be collected or obligations relating to applicable Taxes in Listings. As agreed in our terms and conditions, you understand and agree that you are solely responsible for determining your applicable Tax reporting requirements in consultation with your tax advisors. Relevant references and articles for indiviudals on the Australian Tax Office website: Is it a business or a hobby
Australian Business Number (ABN) Entitlement The information below is referenced directly from the Australian Business Register website at section below refers to individuals but there is more information for companies and partnerships in the web link below: - Individuals (sole traders) If you are an individual applying for an ABN, you should check your entitlement to register here. You are entitled to an ABN if all of the following statements are true. Your activity is carried out in the: form of a business nature of trade, or form of a regular or continuous grant of a lease, licence or interest in property. Your activity is carried out in Australia or you make supplies that are connected with Australia. You have a reasonable expectation that a profit will be made from your activity. You are not entitled to an ABN if any of the following statements are true. Your activity is carried out as an employee or in connection with earning payment as a company director, office holder or under a labour hire arrangement. Your activity is a private recreational pursuit or hobby. Your activity is conducted as a member of a local government body, for example, as an elected member of a city, town or shire council.
Australian Tax Office Pozible Members should refer to the following link for information on Australian Tax obligations: Contact Details:
GST Policies Due to government enacted legislation, from 1 July 2000 items bought and sold by Australians may be subject to a goods and services tax ("GST"). Pozible strongly suggests that members contact the Australian Taxation Office ("ATO") or their taxation advisor for information on the GST. The Australian Taxation Office can be contacted at the following address: The following is provided for information purposes only. If you require advice in relation to GST issues, Pozible strongly advises you to seek the services of a tax or accounting professional. You might also like to contact the Australian Taxation Office (“ATO”) ( and/or the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (

Discussion You must Log In to post a comment

MORE Announcements


Introducing The Pozible Residency

After two great years of co-working at Hub Melbourne, we’ve found new place to call home. We’re loving our new digs in...

by Shu Shu ZhengFeb 4 2014


Pozible is now live in Malaysia and Singapore!

We've spread our wings — and landed in our favourite Southeast Asian countries! For the first time we will be providing creators...

by Rick ChenDec 24 2013

Crowdfunding For anyone, anywhere

Ready to make your idea Pozible?

Let’s Get Started